York PA Dumpster Rental
717-900-5101 or
York PA Dumpster Rental
717-900-5101 or

Bin There Dump That – York PA

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What do I do with electronic items not picked up or allowed to go with my waste hauler?

You can take your electronics to the York County Waste Authority's Yard Waste Transfer facility on the 1st. and 3rd Saturday of the month from 9am to noon. Also, many municipalities offer their own electronics recycling programs, check with your local government for such collections.

Or visit www.ycswa.com

Q. What electronic items can I not put out with my weekly trash pickup?

Telephones (cell or landline), fax machines, printers, microwaves, computers and there peripherals, stereos, tvs, vcr players and cd players.

Q. If I am doing a remodel and need to dispose of the debris what do I do?

One possibility is renting a dumpster to dispose of these items. If you do, the following may go to the York County Resource Center (incinerator): wallpaper, carpet and untreated lumber. Other items such as asphalt and slate shingles, drywall, bricks, gravel, concrete, insulation and glass would go to Modern Landfill for disposal.

Q. How do I dispose of batteries?

Alkaline batteries may be put in your regular trash for disposal. Rechargeable batteries like cell phone batteries must be recycled. Many retailers have existing programs for these items.

Q. How do I dispose of pesticides and hazardous cleaners?

The first Saturday in May residents may take these items to the free annual household hazardous products collection day. York county residents may also request an "at your door service " 2 times a year for collections. See www.ycswa.com for more information.

Q. How do I get rid of items containing Freon like refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers and dehumidifiers?

One alternative is to bring them to the YCRRC (incinerator) for disposal. They will remove the Freon before salvage. Second alternative is to contact a local scrap/salvage dealer. You could get scrap metal value for these items.

Q. How do I get rid of paint?

One option is to donate to your local Habitat for Humanity or other non-profit organization. The other is to secure the paint in a black trash bag with lid secured tightly when placed in your trash.

Q. How do I dispose of garden tractor tire or car tires?

Tires resulting from regular residential activities may be included with your regular waste going to the YCRRC.

Q. Do I need to recycle all my CFL and fluorescent bulbs and ballasts?

No, regular daily home use of these items are allowed to be disposed in regular trash receptacles. These items may alternatively be recycled if the homeowner desires. Some retailers as well as the YCRCC's Household Hazardous Waste day may be options for recycling.

As always, consult your waste hauling company for any questions regarding your waste disposal.


Website created by Netvatise

©Bin There Dump That - Franchise Opportunies